Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Rebirth


365 Days of Creativity
day fourty six

Try to forget.
Attempt to remember.
Everything's blurred when seen through the embers.

Through eons and eons and eras of pain,
I've suffered through hell and risen again.

Tortured and wallowed in pits of despair.
Life is a game,
rigged and unfair.

Last night the moon set,
and with it I died.
I lay down my weapons,
surrendered and cried.

But whens the sun rose,
and heat hit my ashes,
a quick spark did stir,
igniting my passions.

The great flames arose,
for a phoenix can't die.
Spread wings of new hope,
reincarnation of flight.

Today is a birth,
like days long ago.
Christened with flame,
and cradled in smoke.

With vision and dreams and strengths set anew.
The phoenix will fight,
and break into the blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment