Monday, January 16, 2012

Revenge

365 Days of Creativity

day fifty six


Heart burn
The flaming pain
brutal visions
my lungs tied deep

struggle struggle
this bondage is not exciting-
anymore

Head ache
nausea
rhythmic thrusts
I turn to leave,
but bleed too much.

Thrones of blades
a liars chair
kings abate
pay me no fare

higher on my pedestal
I teeter on the brink
the jester is a bounding fool
he forces me to sink

knees knees
bruised and used and well abused

the crews and crows barren of clothes
tie me gag me kill me fill me

smoke and ash
pyre and trash
he tastes of lemons-
sour darts
rotten cloves, and
hickory

tug of war
with my intestines
offer me to the divine

a last low cry
swallowed whole
reaching to that golden throne

echo echo
gulls will fly
“follow us”
I do abide

black and violet
cyan and pepper
feeling betterbetterbetter

Knotted nerves
unfold-
reveal

scores and scores of apple peels
blossom.bluebells.delicate things.
I wash the skin,
stuff things back in

a hill of water
hard as soft
offers to me, weapons wrought
in sand, in stone, in shades of blight

choices choices
arrows flight
one bonesawbow

“hello hello
pick me though.
I'll be true and I'll be fair,
and more than that,”

I'LL BRING THEIR BLOOD

with me, sinew, bones and sharp
I stabbed back through
the seasonings
feeling
old and young and gagged
thorny whistles, whispered dear

“the jesterjester draws so near”

poised and taught I taught him poise

no more tip me
never-noise

No comments:

Post a Comment