Monday, February 20, 2012

I'm Starving To Know You

365 Days of Creativity

day sixty seven

I want to eat you whole
I want to dig in deep
I want to taste your soul
I want to feel your sleep

I want to kiss your lips
and lick them dry
I want to bite your lids
and touch your eyes

I'm going to chew on your lungs
and gasp when you breathe
I'm going to swallow your tongue
and moan when you speak

I want to sip on your sweat
and savour your skin
I want to nip at your chest
and spoon what's within

If I could have just this part
I'd leave you the all
If you'd donate just your heart
my own you'd enthrall

Or give me your blood
red river runs thin
I'll drink it like love
I'll learn all your sins

I wonder how ripe
your secrets will taste
I wonder the type
treasure or waste?

How rich is your guilt?
How sour your goals?
Is your skull lined with silt,
the ashes of hope?

Suppose I dine slowly
let flavours emerge
I'd taste what you felt
every raw urge

I'll cherish your fears
roll them over my tongue
I'll shoot back your tears
and learn how they stung

I'll digest your mind
your body and soul
Render my life sublime
for I crave to know

Give me angst, give me glee
give me scars and abuse
Salt the wounds till you bleed
Let me swallow the truth

I'll dissolve every gate
I'll digest every wall
I'll eat all that you hate
let me feast when you fall

Put on a platter
your skin's recipes
Pepper and spatter
your tart memories

I ask for this tray
to come to me cold
Give me this buffet
and I'll give you gold

No comments:

Post a Comment