Saturday, March 17, 2012

Can I Just Say?

365 Days of Creativity

day seventy six

excuse me for staring
  but can I just say
that women are rarely
  women these days
and the way your hair falls
  and your features of grace
are pleasing and perfect
  in all the right ways

your expression shows joy
  and your shoulders hold poise
and you prefer men
  to spirited boys
you have a way
  of using your voice
to scold and seduce
  and egos destroy

we've only just met
  but already I know
that I'm going to miss you
  as soon as you go
because Darling, my Dear,
  -May I call you those?
I've fallen for you
  I've lost all control

so follow me, come with me
  stay with me true
for something so lovely
  I could never abuse
I may end up broken
  I seem doomed to lose
but for a touch of your charm
  I'd happily bruise

it's eyelashes long
  and brows raised in arch
it's knowledge of Poe
  and your passion for art
it's the way that you walk
  with swagger and spark
it's all of yourself
  that's stolen my heart

I deserve nothing more
  than to be left behind
but I swear to you babe
  I'd stay by your side
I'll climb and I'll crawl
  and I'll gladly die
so you may walk forth
  and stay sweetly alive

excuse me for staring
  but can I just say
that women are rarely
  women these days
and the song of my soul
 I wish I could play
because you move so quickly
  as you walk away.

2 comments:

  1. I've looked over several of your poems and I like your voice, but this is a particularly powerful one. I'm doing the 365 challenge too. It's a great way to unite artistic fears and insecurities and make them into something stronger don't you think? You're first two stanza's are my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I really appreciate the feedback.
    The challenge is a fantastic way to learn about yourself and your art, and what you'd like to do with them. I think everyone should try it at some point.
    What sort of challenge in particular are you doing?

    ReplyDelete