Sunday, July 15, 2012

Snow to Honey

365 Days of Creativity

day eighty four

Snow to Honey


I saw myself walking down a street at the peak of midnight. That hypnotic time when Mother reigns, moving free and ethereal in her commanding hush of darkness. It was in this transcendent space that I wandered, soaked by the liquid moonlight, penetrated by the silver glow of that oversized stone. 

Bare foot by bare foot, I made my way through a quiet village, a place abandoned by God and forgotten by Lucifer. Cold cobblestones warmed by my heat, still air stirred by the sway of my arms. Waking from a long slumber, this personified mystery, this lost locale of intertwining elements. I walked on the line between worlds, I balanced on the equinox.

Nude, my lustrous skin repelled the gloom. Lithe limbs gliding in arcs, winding and writhing, carving trails of diamond-dust into the air, leaving behind a wake of suspended galaxies. They rotated slowly, giving off glints of the secrets of the universe while the miniature stars swirled in hypnotic eddies. The worlds were shaped by the curve of my hips and the sway of a shoulder. An eyelash dropped and fell to the earth, blooming into an ivory vine upon contact with the stoned pathway. It crept up the bricks of a boarded up home, blossoming every few feet into a gossamer petaled lily.

I watched myself move, and observer of my own body. At once seeing my motions as well as feeling the sky breathe upon my skin. An illuminated creature, all alabaster and cream. A crown of frosted leaves was woven into the lengths of pearly silk that was my hair. It flowed in rivulets, pouring around my shoulders and crashing in great milky waves down my back where it swept to a finish on the sweet arch of my bared upper thighs. The twists and curls wound wildly down to their glitter-giving ends where the ivory locks evolved into a deep shade of gold. A great gradient from the mid-length to tip, of cloud to sun, snow to honey.

Whispered and worshipped I walked through the grave of a village, one foot leading to another to give life back to the purgatory. Showing the undead that there is a matter betwixt the stars, and though it may be dark, it can still be touched by the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment