Tuesday, May 14, 2013

I Give This To You


365 Days of Creativity

day one hundred and three


Here;
Take it;
No, don't speak;
I can hear it now;

You shouldn't have done it.
I can't take this.
What have I done to earn this gift?

Well if I told you what you mean to me;
You'd roll your eyes in disbelief;
If I said the words, You're my everything,
you've already heard all those schoolgirl's strings;
If I say that you have stolen my heart;
I would be lying, for I gave you that part;
If I swore to you that you complete my soul;
You'd laugh for all of the girls you've made whole;

So to prove to you that I haven't misruled;
I've taken my essence, and made it a jewel;
I've taken my words and my thoughts and my self;
and I've turned it in-to a small diamond of wealth;
It is this that I give you in my being wishful;
that you'll make out of rope and leather, a crystal-
pendant you'll wear 'til the end of all days;
for my self is contained in that violet haze;

Don't speak and don't shake for if you refuse;
It's all of my spirit that you will abuse;
This is the only gift I can give;
And I give it to you, the reason I live;

So take it and wear it and carry me close;
for it is my soul that does swing on that rope.

No comments:

Post a Comment