Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Pop that cherry.

So, here I am, creating my very first blog. I have most definitely never done this before. Hence the obvious blogging virgin title.

I suppose I should say a little about myself. My name is Lillith Foxx, and I am a filmmaker. I'm waiting for my acceptance letter to Capilano Film School in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. I am not the funniest, smartest or most beautiful person you will ever meet, and I don't claim to change people's lives. But I am here, just as you are, and I would like to absorb as much from this earth as I can. This is my life, and it's ending one minute at a time.

I enjoy good music, better books, and the best movies.

Well, now that we've gotten the awkward introduction out of the way, I'll just get on with it then.

I don't have any idea what people are going to be interested in, and if anyone's even going to end up reading this at all, but that's probably what most people are thinking when they start a blog with nothing.

Since I have no epic talent to sell you, (yet, look out future movie-goers), or hilarious/heartfelt/horrifying story to tell you, I will just start with something that happened to me the other day. And yes, please feel free to laugh at my misfortune if you feel the need.

 Hokay, so I've recently moved to Vancouver, and I'm hard on the job search. I'm not really picky, and I fired out so many resumes, I probably doubled up on places. I had an interview a few days ago, and I was biking there since we sold our car to move to Van. I had to cross Burrard bridge, and on my way across it started raining. Okay that sucks, no big deal though, it's a little cold but I'll just put my hood up. I get partway across the bridge and a mad wind starts. Ok that's crappy, now I'm really fucking cold and my hood won't stay up. halfway across the bridge it's starts fucking HAILING. now I'm drenched and also getting pelted by little balls of ice. Perfect. Oh and keep in mind I'm wearing only my leather jacket, a thin t shirt, tights, a skirt, and cardboard flats (great idea, I know). So I get across the bridge and go to stop at a red light, only to realize that my bike is so slick from the rain, the breaks can't find grip on the tires. FUCKING GREAT. A small lake has formed on the front dip of my skirt. So I turned down a side road and get off my bike to gather myself. It literally takes me four blocks just to stop my bike. I finally get up to my interview, and try and dry off in a nearby coffee shop. When I'm in my interview, I go to take out the copy of the resume I brought, only to find the envelope I put it in got so damp, it sealed itself shut. Needless to say, I didn't get the job, and had to walk all the way home because I didn't have breaks, and thought I was going to get frostbite in my feet.

Now don't get me wrong, I love Vancouver to death. I've been here many times, and this is really the only bad experience I've had. Please Vancouver don't think I hate you, don't tell your crack addicts to mug me when I'm walking down the street.

So that's it.. my very first blog post. See, I told you I wouldn't be the funniest person.

To whoever, if anyone who reads this, thanks, and feel free to criticize and mock me, it's the internet after all.
-Lillith Foxx

Ps. I saw Matthew Perry picking up dog shit yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you didn't get the job, but beaming sunshine and a positive job interview hadn't been half as funny :) /Daily60Seconds

    ReplyDelete