Friday, October 28, 2011

The Predator

All right, it has been much too long since my last post, and I sincerely apologize to my avid readers, (all one of you) but I'm trying to get back on track.

365 Days of Creativity

day fourty

The only thing less settling,
than my cursed indecision,
is my new naivety-
my lack of self sufficience.

Never have I wavered,
faltered, frayed or fled,
but in the strange new circumstance,
my diamond nerves are dead,

More solid than the mountain
and vaster than the sea,
my rock hard resolution
has yet abandoned me.

The more I switch and falter,
the more my patience dies.
I can't stay calm or civil,
when there's fire in your eyes.

And thought they burn as bright as blades,
I do not feign away this gaze
for I deliver no less heat-
worlds collide when our eyes meet.

The strangest day has yet to come
for when you look upon the sun
lakes will burn with fields of clover,
a ferocious man, this supernova.

With wicked smiles
and vicious tongue,
the panther waits, and bates for fun.

An onyx cat from darkness came,
with blazing eyes and ashy mane,
lips tossed back, a hungry grin,
embodiment of lust and sin.

He runs on waves of death and soot,
Killing babes dropped underfoot,
I find myself clutched in his jaws,
He's saved me from those poison paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment