Thursday, October 13, 2011

Crushing Dragonflies to Dye My Clothes

365 Days of Creativity

day thirty eight

The corpses of ladybugs crunch beneath my feet.
Shattered wings and soiled blood,
and mysteries beneath.

The azure of a dragonfly,
crushed up into a paste.
I wear the hue of stolen lives,
they compliment my taste.

In my hair I tie the wings,
of butterflies, delicate things.
Woven braids of gossamer,
nothing so quaint, do you concur?

The apple of a fallen tree,
lands far from where it ought to be.
Even ants dare to be bold,
when mother nature takes a hold.

The secrets that this lady keeps,
why crickets cry and willows weep.

I borrow all the colours of,
miss nature's unrequited love.

The ladybugs I stomp and shatter,
crimson shells, on lips they flatter.
The dust upon a bumblebee,
I brew each day to make my tea.

Though I steal from crystal clouds,
I practice grace, leave with a bow.
For when the world comes crashing down,
it's mother earth who wears the crown.

No comments:

Post a Comment