Tuesday, April 03, 2012

For the Love of Books

365 Days of Creativity

day seventy nine

i am small
insignificant
unknown

i am stupid
oblivious
unknowing

i am cowardly
frightened
traumatized

i am lonely
undiscovered
isolated.

I walk,
a miniature
on shelves of oak

Leather
Mahogany
Ink
Bound together

Captured
Caught
Immortalized

Worlds
Nations
Perpendicular
Universes
Nothing
like this

I skip,
across
the spines

Clamber
up the
covers

My path
is paved
with
passages

A letter-bricked
road
from
A to Z

I undress
bare, skin
soul
and consciousness

Poised
on edge
of paper bound

Feel pulp
pressed
thin
between my toes

and into
worlds
nations
parked perpendicular
I dive
headlong
naked
nothing
canvas clean

I bathe
in dreams
of geniuses

let words
wash,
letters
lather,
paragraphs
punctuate.

I,
a sponge
they,
the water

slowly
swiftly
suck in truths
absorb ideas
displayed uncouth

I wade
through
minds
of men
birthed
from
minds
of men

fact is
fiction
as I 
see fit

poultice
and
poison
paint with
identical
hues

I backstroke
through stories
bound by
the skin
of the dead

I am taught
by men
long gone

friends are
found
in
Flander's fields

These words
like a cake
that begs
"eat me"
implore me
to grow

I Am Big
Significant
Known

I Am Smart
Aware
Knowing

I Am Brave
Fearless
Untouched

I Am Allied
Discovered
Surrounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment