Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Under the Moon

365 Days of Creativity

day ninety eight

It was cold that night in the middle of June
When I slept outside, well lit up by the moon
and I took out my knife
and I started to spoon
Out the black spots inside
All the targets of gloom

And I dug in real deep
And I cut to the core
for my reason to bleed
happened one moon before
I had seen a man drown
while I stood on the shore

He had been on a ship
A small wooden craft
but a ship cannot sail
on a sharp coral path
his billowing sails
fell shallow and flat
Quickly he sunk
without rowboat or raft
There was lightning above
with great thunder come aft
I heard him cry out for help
As I stood there-
                          -and laughed

Thus days ago thirty,
my soul became dirty
and I have been suffering hence
So to regain my virtue
I've stayed out past curfew
and bloodied my blade to repent
With la luna above me
I cut out my guts justly
removing my organ of guilt;

"Please do not hate me, for I have sinned greatly," I whisper before my soul melts.

No comments:

Post a Comment