Monday, April 22, 2013

About Me, When I'm About You


365 Days of Creativity

day ninety nine

I've got a seahorse on my shoulder
and a feather in my hair
There's a motto on my wrists
that reminds me night is there,

A glass bottle on my hip
filled with sand that isn't fair
and a piercing in my lip
that I bite when thoughts are blared,

I've got eyes that watch with hunger
at what other people scare
and a mind that moves with wonder
at the sounds of Fred Astaire,

In my dreams I am successful
intriguing, debonair
Writing words that will inspire
Open eyes like crimson flare,

I've got notions that could change your mind
if to hear them you would dare
And this broken world led by the blind
with sight, we will repair

I see brighter skies for you and I
and though sometimes we'll err
The goal is not in being right
but to simply, be aware.

No comments:

Post a Comment