Sunday, September 04, 2011

DIY Closet Doors Into Headboard

365 Days of Creativity

day eleven

I'm starting a little assignment to try and decorate the mediocre space that my boyfriend and I have. The thing is (if you haven't already noticed) we're really tight on money. So this whole redecorating thing has to be cheap. Or better yet, free.

I've been living on craigslist lately. So many people are giving away their stuff, and not all of it's trash. I got some Marilyn Monroe coasters, some video games, the series "City of Umber" and best thing: an all-in-one printer/ scanner. 

I put up an ad in the wanted section for things I was looking for, and sure enough I got a message about some paint. I went and picked up my things, and found some doors on the way:


So I'm planning on using the doors as a head board. It may sound weird, but once it's all set up tomorrow, you might just like it.

Step one,


Mix the paint.


Step two, paint the doors white


fooling around with el camera
Step three, the hottest sun in weeks dried the paint so fast, we could paint our detail right away.


We were trying to go for a worn/old look. I had no clue how to do it, and we only had our dollar store brushes to work with, so here's to hoping they turn out.

Step four, hasn't really happened yet. But it's wait for the doors to dry and set up.


So in total I spent: $2.50
The doors were free, and the paint was an answer to my ad, also free.
The 2.50 was from buying two paintbrushes. (dollar store of course)


Oh, I also made muffins. Pre-made mix because it was a dollar from the dollar store. Yeah being broke!

Don't forget to vote on how you like my blog!!

No comments:

Post a Comment