Friday, September 30, 2011

Simply Different

365 Days of Creativity

day thirty one

              The tunnel is dark. I wear shades to block out the brightness creeping on from one side. I don't want to go towards the light. I want to sink into the brick wall; merge my way into another universe. The Grey World, that's where I'd go. I'd leave this place where black and white are things to be separated.

              There's much to be said for the need to label good and bad. To alienate and judge others. One life is not better or holier than another. They are simply different. Not by giant contrasts, but by the slightest shades. You walk, I run. I run, he drives. Either way we're all headed to the same place.

              Throw off the chains that bind you to the light. Take a walk on the dark side of the moon. It's not a one way street. I make a suggestion; let's all shrug off the bonds and walk with each other. Let's meet on the equinox. We can live in the border between lands, the place where hatred is smoothed and religion actually does what it claims to be about.

              Come with me to this sweet paradise. You may be scared to leave others behind, but believe me, once you get there you won't care. We can live in this perfectly balanced utopia. Do good or bad, fight for something hard, and love even harder. Taste both the bitter honey and the sweet poison, meet the people you're about to judge and try the things you want to condemn. Come with me, and realize there is a place without light and dark, and it's called Freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment